I am very excited to be a group leader at the Asia Pacific Internet Governance Academy ( APIGA 2021 ). I, Imran Hossen will lead group 2 in APIGA 2021.
The Asia Pacific Internet Governance Academy – APIGA is a capacity-development program focused on Internet governance that is targeted at youth leaders from the Asia Pacific – APAC region. APIGA 2021 is co-hosted by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers – ICANN and the Korea Internet & Security Agency (KISA). It is organized in collaboration with regional organizations including the Asia Pacific Network Information Center (APNIC), DotAsia Organization, the Internet Society (ISOC), Asia Pacific Top Level Domain (APTLD) etc.
APIGA 2021 Groups and Members
|Group Leaders||Group #||Participant Name||Gender||Economy||Stakeholder Group|
|Jan Jacob Jansalin||1||Asyraf Mierza||M||Malaysia||Private Sector|
|Phyo Thiri Lwin||1||Aung Khong||M||Myanmar||Academia|
|1||Dahyeon Hwang||F||South Korea||Students|
|1||MH Masum||M||Bangladesh||Private Sector|
|1||Sang-Oun Lee||M||South Korea||Government|
|Manju Chen||2||Eunwoo Joo||F||South Korea||Academia|
|Imran Hossen||2||Hong-Fu Meng||M||Chinese Taipei||Private Sector|
|2||Mac Andre Arboleda||M||Philippines||Academia|
|2||Seungyong Kim||M||South Korea||Private Sector|
|Yeseul Kim||3||Debora Christine||F||Indonesia||Academia|
|Ariff Azam||3||Dongeun Kim||F||South Korea||Students|
|3||Jongwon Park||M||South Korea||Students|
|3||Maristela Miranda||F||Philippines||Private Sector|
|3||Masae Toyoma||F||Japan||Civil Society|
|Elliott Mann||4||Dikshya Khadgi||F||Nepal||Students|
|Felicia Yunike||4||Jisoo Yang||F||South Korea||Students|
|4||Puteri Binti Hishammuddin||F||Malaysia||Technical|
|Miru Lee||5||I-Ping Pan||F||Chinese Taipei||Students|
|Bea Gueverra||5||Namkha Zangpo||M||Bhutan||Private Sector|
|5||Tomas Kemmery||M||Australia||Civil Society|
|5||Yan Myint||M||Myanmar||Civil Society|
|5||Yeonhee Shin||F||South Korea||Students|
About the APIGA 2021 Program
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, APIGA 2021 will be specially adapted from its original 5-days in-person program into a new format combining virtual participation with a hybrid event day.
- APIGA 2021 will take place virtually between 1st October and 12 November 2021, including the hybrid event day.
- The program will last six (6) weeks. Sessions will take place twice a week with preparatory work in between.
- Sessions will tend to be in the latter part of the day to better accommodate the schedules of students and young working professionals.
- The hybrid event day will allow participants in South Korea to gather in person while all other participants in the region gather online. This takes into account that the pandemic situation is unlikely to allow regional travel to resume while the situation in South Korea remains relatively stable.
- More details on the APIGA 2021 Program page.
Read the ICANN announcement on APIGA2021 here.